The overall vision of the University and School of General Studies is to produce graduates with some core attributes.
- Abroad spectrum of knowledge with specialization in a discipline.
- Logical reasoning.
- Oral and written communication skills and ability.
- Numeracy, and computer literacy.
- High ethical standards in personal and professional life.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Self conﬁdence.
The mission of the University is to use teaching, research, and public service to solve social problems. In the process of learning, students would be oriented to use their education in solving practical problems confronting them in the Nigerian society and beyond.
ln the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of the renowned statesman, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, by making university education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria.
It is hoped and expected that when the above vision has been achieved, graduates of the University will be Disciplined in behavior, Excellent in knowledge and Self-Reliant in their chosen careers, in keeping With the Motto of the University; “Discipline, Excellence and Self-Reliance”.